Blog Post

Literacy to me is a way to express my thoughts and emotions in a non verbal way, and understand others emotions and ideas through their writing. Reading and writing is one of the most important things in our world because it allows us to communicate with large groups or even small groups of people with out physically talking to them. One of my sponsors of literacy was my college readiness coach who helped me practice for my main common app college essay. I learned so many new things with my college coach about different possibilities to form sentences with different puncuations and h0w to separate or combine 2 clauses. I would meet with my sponsor every other Sunday to write multiple different pieces that modeled the main common app essay, I would drive to downtown Denver which is about 30 minutes from my house and I would go to his office. One day we were learning about the importance and when it is smart to use a semi-colon or a dash. I began to write a story about my 3rd grade football championship, a story in which was not a super big part of my life but still was a narrative similar to what my common app essay was going to be about. My college coach Brad did a lot for me, he helped me find new universities Ive never heard of and made my writing and literacy way better.