Bridge Project

My family and I often head up to the mountains to go skiing multiple times every winter, being from Colorado the mountains were my favorite place to be. I mostly ski at Copper Mountain or Steamboat because my family has owned places there since I was little. Growing up my parents wanted to ensure I was a good skier when I grew up, I was in ski school almost every winter until I was 12. In ski school I met a bunch of new friends who pushed me to become more talented as a skier. My least favorite season was always summer because we weren’t able to ski. Once I became a teenager I started skiing with my school friends rather than my family. My parents had a rule that I had to be able to ski the entire mountain before I could switch to snowboarding, during my Freshman year of high school I switched over to snowboarding. When I was first learning how to snowboard it made me so frustrated, I was able to get down the mountain easily for as long as I could remember, and there I was looking like a beginner all over again. It took me a very long time to learn how to snowboard because I wasn’t able to go to the mountains as often because I was in a Winter weekend lacrosse league for all of high school. This ritual was possible because of how close I lived to the mountains and how easy it was to go stay a weekend at our condo. Now that I am in college out of state I am not able to get to go skiing all winter like I used to. I was beyond lucky because my Grandpa built a cabin in Steamboat way before I was born and this made it

always skiing easily accessible.

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.