Synthesis Summary

This paper was a little different for me. I’ve never done a synthesis paper before, so it was a little weird to get started. My biggest struggle was definitely getting started on my paper. I was lost on how to set up my paper and what I was going to write about. Fortunately my dad has been figuring out what to do with his Volkswagen, so it felt like a good business for my paper since I had at least some idea of what was going on with it.

I learned about bringing things together with this paper. I have done research papers before, but this was a little different because I was trying to bring in only two sources and putting my opinion in. Most papers do not need your opinion it needs to be what the sources say, so this was a little weird for me.

I think I did a good job of using both articles and mentioning them equally. I also think that I did well at showing how they were different since the main difference was the dates they were written.

I took more time on this paper than I usually do because I felt lost for most of the time. Usually I can just crank out a rough draft but this time I felt like I was having to really work to get the words on the page.

The step by step really helped me because I was able to plan out what each article said and how they were different. It made it easier to figure out my stance on the topic.

I feel like I got to know more about what I do when I’m confused because I was freaking out about what to write so I shut down. I did not want to think about it because it confused me, and I did not like that. Overall I think I grew with this paper.

One thought on “Synthesis Summary

1. I can remember how confused I was with this paper and being really freaked out by it. I was having flashbacks to when my friends were taking AP English back in high school and they had to write papers on Wednesday mornings and the synthesis paper was the one they always struggled with.