Reflecting on my Research Paper

This paper was difficult. It was not my most difficult paper I have written, but it was definitely up there. I am happy with how it turned out. The first thing that I had to do was find sources. I spent a good amount of time on the library’s One Search and ended up finding lots of good sources. My problem became incorporating the sources I used for my annotated bibliography into my paper. I ended up cutting two of my sources from the annotated bibliography and adding five different sources. I am glad that I did the annotated bibliography first because it was nice to go back to see what the main ideas of the different articles without rereading the whole articles.

My hardest part was figuring out how and where to start. My topic has been debated for literally all of my life, so there was a lot of information to choose from. I had to go over my annotated bibliography multiple times to figure out which sources could be paired up, and what order I wanted them in my paper. I think I did a good job of getting the timeline and amount of information right. I was worried at the beginning that my paper was going to be an overload of facts and that is exactly what you do not want in this paper. I think by the time that I revised and finished writing the whole paper it all came together cohesively to make a great paper. The good part of this problem was that I was never worried about meeting the word count. I had way too much to talk about for it to be under 1750 words.