Weekly Artifact: Netflix As a Study Tool

Posted on

So today in biology, I realize that Netflix is maybe not a bad thing. We are currently talking about the different systems in the body and how they correlate with each other. Usually when I’m in biology, I’m completely lost. She might as well be teaching in Spanish because it wouldn’t make a difference. But today…I knew exactly what she was talking about. I happen to be a huge fan of Greys Anatomy. I have watched every single episode of all the seasons and let me tell ya, I learned a lot without realizing it. The entire class today I was writing the different characters/events from Greys Anatomy that correlated with the notes that I was taking from the lecture. The connection I drew between the tv show and the lecture is important, but I think that the bigger connection was how I understand the information better because I connected it back to something in my life. Not only is it the first time I learned something and actually understood it, but it is the first time I learned that it will be easier to recall the information on the test. Overall, today in Biology I was able to not only draw connections between a tv show and class, but how to write better/more beneficial notes in class.

One thought on “Weekly Artifact: Netflix As a Study Tool

1. Tomorrow I have my last test in Biology before the final exam. Since I wrote this weekly reflection on Monday, I have gone through my notes and added any outside connections I could to the material I had to know. Now that I have completed that I feel that I know more about interconnectedness of the information within the class and my memory of the material has improved. Hopefully this will help my test grade increase.