CRQ – Female Perspective

Call: “Femininity, according to this traditional formulation, would result in warm and continued relationships with men, a sense of maternity, interest in caring for children, and the capacity to work productively and continuously in female occupations.”

Response: This part of the book excerpt enrages me at the simple fact that the United States way of living still lives according to a traditional viewpoint that our ancestor came to adapt to. The United State is far from the default traditional ways in which we label gender roles. We have grown to raise and instill in our children that it is okay to place a label on ourselves and others. We have coax them to believe this is the way we should act according to what, though? TRADITIONAL WAYS. If the traditional gender roles have been superseded why are we still acting accordingly. We have some of the traditional ways still but at least we can update the proper ways that we should act as according to now. I believe we should stop instilling in girls that they can’t do what males do because look around, women have and are doing them. We have a female running for the the democrat party as of 2016. Women should not be discriminated against when it comes to dominance and power. When you look at the masculinity definition. It continues to place a female beneath. It says, “Masculinity thus becomes “innately” valuable and femininity serves a contrapuntal function to delineate and magnify the hierarchical dominance of masculinity. I understand this book is old, but the traditional ways of society is still in tact. The fast facts are results of the intact traditional ways of society and how both genders are conformed. Number three fast fact states, “The CDC reports that one in four women have experienced severe physical violence at the hands of an intimate partner at some point in their lives. I believe that this occurs because males have a tendency to act accordingly to their desire gender role and pursue “dominance” and expect females to remain “submissive”. Females are capable of providing as of today, the traditional ways are no longer working.

Question: Why haven’t the roles for both female and males been revised to fix the people of today. Nothing else has remained the same so why should our roles in society, especially if they are causing conflict?

17 thoughts on “CRQ – Female Perspective

1. We hold on to the old ways of society because we have become comfortable with that way of living. We instill these things into our children because we were raised and trained with these values. Although they may cause conflict I believe that we as a society are afraid that change will cause even more conflict than leaving these as they are now.

2. I believe that women nowadays have the same opportunities as I do. They work as hard if not harder than these poor excuses for men today. I feel like women deserve to be on top, leading our future and setting an example for young girls to be inspired by their achievements. If a woman can do what I can and probably better, I could not get mad. I would be impressed honestly.

3. I believe that females have the same opportunity as men to be just as aggressive and just as dominant. But, when a woman chooses to be submissive and passive, somebody in the relationship has to be take a lead so that something gets done. I have seen and experienced female “masculinity” if you will, my personal opinion there is nothing wrong with it. It is just that most women choose to do the alternative. Why, I agree that it is a taught behavior, the act of woman fitting into there gender roles, but even if it wasn’t, would gender roles still exist?

4. I agree that it is not the 1960’s so we need to have a new view of gender roles or get rid of them completely. The days of the house maid are gone the soccer mom is gone. Women want jobs, and to be active in society.

5. I agree with this female perspective. Traditional ways should be revised. The United States has changed, so how could we leave our outlooks the same.

6. I strongly support this view. Women should not be placed in the small category that they have been labeled under for centuries. To me, women have as many rights as a man because men don’t endure half of the things that women have to go through. Women are the strongest beings on the planet. If we compare between our lives, as men, and the lives of women there is no way that we could compare to what women have through.

7. I agree with your view. I think that women can and should be treated the same as men. For centuries women have been looked at as inferiors to the male gender, but in today’s time we have learned that women are fully capable of doing whatever men do.

8. I agree with you that the gender roles of today still reflect traditional values but this is very problematic for the reason that when you act “out of character,” you are viewed as being wrong in todays society because of those actions. This does not apply to everyone but the general assumption in todays society is for women to come second to men and not question why and to not attempt to change their statues. With that being said, I agree that there must be a reevaluation of how we as a people view gender roles in society.

9. Everything you said in this female perspective is very accurate. Gender roles and expectations have yet to catch up to today’s times. Women are more than just caring and emotional people, they are strong and are able to achieve everything that men do.

10. I believe in a way they have been revised. Women and Men have equal opportunities to pursue their dreams, but a silent and subconscious sexism still exists, and while some still remain bonded to traditional roles it is ultimately the choice of the individual. I do not know if this subconscious reaction is something that can be removed from the minds of everyone, but we all have the freedom to go against the grain.

11. I agree with the your opinion on what the female perspective is today. Things have been getting better for women but they are still denied some of the opportunities that are given to men which is an issue. Women need to be able to do everything men are able to.

12. I agree that gender roles should be changed to reflect society today. I also feel like even if both sides make efforts unless the radicals from each side change their views it will not be successful. Unless the really “feminine” women change and the really “masculine” men change the change will not be successful.

13. The reason that gender roles in our society have not been changed to “fix” the people of today is that we have already developed so much structure in our society. I believe that the actual gender roles in our society are very equal but the perception of women’s roles is very misconstrued. There are too many stereotypes that cause conflict between the two genders so I believe if the perception of gender roles can be changed then people can be “fixed”.

14. From my understanding, this conflict will always exist. Look back to when America first gain its independence from Great Britain. Women were not considered citizens alongside not being granted the right to vote. As women, we will continue fighting for something that will never occur as long as man exist and are considered as dominant in the world. Women will always be considered weak and forced to handle household job while men focuses on politics and work from home.

15. I think the gender roles of men and women have been altered. Men are no longer the “breadwinners” in all households. Women are becoming more educated and successful by the day. I have more women professors in college than I do men. In my hometown, nearly half of the percentage of small business owners are female-owned.