The website that I find myself always coming back to is definitely Facebook. I never post anything but I am fascinated by the ease at which I can see what my friends and family are doing or thinking at the exact moment. I would say that the Facebook executives that design the website have put a lot of effort into making the site so user friendly and addictive. One thing that I love about Facebook is the opening page. As soon as you enter the site you are greeted with so much information that your senses are overloaded. In the middle, where your eyes look first, is a timeline of posts and shared videos from your friends and family. On the right of the page there is a column of trending topics that always interests me. The left column has a ton of links to everything from your home page to pages you’ve liked or created to favorite posts or videos that you have saved. Everything that you could possible want out of Facebook is available on the home page. At the top of the page is a search bar so that people can find someone or something that they can’t find on their home page. There is also a notifications button that alerts you whenever someone has communicated with you, whether that be a post on your wall or a like on your recent shared video. It also tells you whenever one of your friends has a birthday so that you never have to experience the awkwardness of forgetting your aunts 46th birthday. Facebook was the first chapter in our social media age for a reason. The whole point of the website is to connect with your friends, so having a website that is easy to express opinions and browse through other posts is very necessary. Additions like trending topics, search bars, and notifications make Facebook that much more user-friendly.

One thought on “Connect 10 Website Design

1. I love this post because it really shows my growth as a writer. I was able to look at FaceBook with no intentions of school in mind, just simply wasting time, and a connection happened. Last semester, I would have simply wasted 30 minutes of time and then gotten back to the struggle that is college but I was able to seize the moment and make substantial gains on my website.