Daily Write: Fashion Article Opinions

Today I read “Defying Tradition, and Working Out, to Wear Bridal Crop Tops” from August 27,2015 by Sheila Marikar. The author of this article focuses on the new trends of out with the zip-up dresses and in with the two-piece bridal gown. Marikar includes different women commenting on the idea from both sides of the new trend. She also provides the latest work out and exercise techniques suggested by health professionals to get the crop top body. I liked this article because it was focused on fashion and weddings. I have always loved reading about all the new trends and fads for weddings. In particular, the article it states “The trend of midriff-exposing tops has entered the bridal department, possibly adding a whole new element of angst for those who dare to bare quite a bit more than most traditions dictate. (Though in some traditions, like those of India, brides have worn midsection-revealing saris and lenghas for centuries.)”. I found it interesting that the new traditions of brides of this culture are starting to adapt the ideas and traditions of other cultures. I felt that it shows the evolution and merging of cultures around the world.