Daily Write: Personal Experience with the New York Times

Today was the first time that I truly read more than one article in the newspaper at a single time. In the past, I haven’t had a personal reason or need to read the newspaper. My family, mainly my Dad and Grandparents, read newspapers daily. Therefore, I have always let them do the reading and I listen to the summary and debates they create. I also found that the topics the main page would express were not something I was interested in. After my experiences today, I feel I am becoming more comfortable and aware with what the New York Times has to offer. However, I am still learning so much about the construction and topics within the website.

One thought on “Daily Write: Personal Experience with the New York Times

1. I have become more educated of current events happening because of The New York Times. I used to think that my parents and grandparents were reading nonsense, but actually it is very helpful. I feel that this subscription has allowed me to be better educated and relate events that are happening currently to the topics I write about. In particular, I was able to use an article on one of my history papers on the topic of civil conflicts. Had I not been exposed to this subscription, I wouldn’t have a strong credible or recent source for my paper.