Discussion Form: Still Segregated?

I am asking about segregation in the education system today. I really wanted to hear the classes opinions about this because I only truly understand one side of the argument; the white population. In addition, I had never thought about the other issues of which Kozol talked about. The differences in school structures, resources and teacher efforts. I began to try to make connections through my moms school and where I went to school, but I feel like input on an outside school district would be more beneficial.

One thought on “Discussion Form: Still Segregated?

1. I think that this issue is so evident in today’s society. This connection between the article Kozol wrote and the issue as it is today complement each other. In fact, I realized that this is evident through out the entire book “Rereading America”. Every story written that describes or depicts a flaw in society is still evident to day. This allowed me to draw the conclusion that things and issues in America are not improving in the magnitude that they desperately need to. In some instances, I realized how America can actually being going in reverse instead of improving. This connection came to be when I was talking to some of the classmates about how we loved writing 102 because even though the writings were from the past, they are still evident today.