Research Paper

To first understand why cops racially profile, you must first understand the causes of racism and prejudice. Vincent Parrillo, author of “Causes of Prejudice,” published in 2013 says that the causes of prejudice should be looked at through psychology and sociology. Through the psychological eye, the focal point on is the individual. Through psychology, a person can develop prejudice from imitation or condition, similarity – dissimilarity of beliefs, or personality characteristics (Parrillo p. 504). More can be understood about the psychological causes of prejudice through four areas: levels of prejudice, self-justification, personality, and frustration. I did not really use a strategy except for trying to put more of my voice in this paragraph. However, I am still struggling with putting my words in the paragraph and still making it sound intelligent. My plan is to keep working on it and hope and pray to God that it will sound good by the time I do my peer review.

One thought on “Research Paper

1. My research paper was not as good as I would have liked. However, I now see my struggles. I was too wordy, and towards the end, it stopped being argumentative and was more analytical. I also wish I would have used more examples like I did in my multimodal reflection. I think if I would have added one of the young, black men killed by police officers to my paper, it would have made it better. My grade was not too bad, but it was not what I was expecting either. I put my heart and soul into that paper and struggled tremendously. Even though my grade was not that great, I know I did my best. In the end, doing your best is all that matters.